Advanced PGDBA Program Specialization
The programme offers a Two Years Post Graduate Degree Programme in Management with a focus on the Apparel, Textiles, Lifestyle Accessories, Footwear and other areas of fashion industry with specializations in different areas like Merchandising, Marketing, Retailing, Brand, Management, Supply Chain Management.
• Globalization: An Introduction to fashion markets and fashion marketing
• Fashion markets and fashion marketing
• The changing business environment
• Globalization and economic growth
• Government policies in a global context
• Demand for textile and clothing products
• The structure of clothing retailing in the EU – routes to market
• Consumer expenditure on clothing
• The balance of trade
• Labour costs
• UK government support for the industry
• Implications for fashion marketing
• Supply chains
• Managing product cost
• Sourcing decisions
• Sources of competitive advantage for UK suppliers
• Supplier partnerships and alliances
• Time to Market
• Developing a research agenda for the Internationalization of fashion retailing
• What is the internationalization of fashion retailing?
• Who are the international fashion retailers?
• Where are fashion retailers developing international operations?
• When does fashion retailer internationalization occur?
• Why do fashion retailers internationalize?
• How are fashion retailers developing international operations?
• Retail brand marketing in the new millennium
• The new consumer
• The retail response
• The role of store image in the re-branding of Selfridges
• Introduction and core concepts
• Company profile
• Selfridges: now and in the future
• Selfridges: their framework for success
• Store environment of fashion retailers: A Hong Kong perspective
• Current study on the importance of store environment to consumer’s casual wear fashion store choice decision in Hong Kong
• The process of fashion tend development leading to a season
• Research design
• What is fashion?
• Fashion trends
• Fashion seasons
• Retailer’s research
• Role of fashion forecasting
• Innovation management in creating new fashions
• Mapping the creative design process
• The complex environment of design
• Creative design
• Future innovation management practices
• Developing a pattern language for innovation management
• The mechanics of Fashion
• The environment that the fashion designer works within
• The fashion designers perspectives of their design processes
• The fashion design process
• Consumers and their negative selves, and the implications for fashion marketing
• Symbolic consumption
• Strategic positioning and online fashion retail strategies
• Strategic potential via marketing communications
Check your PGDBA Program skills at NIMS?
How much do you know about pgdba-fashion-management skills?
Take our pgdba-fashion-management course demo and enhance your skills against your professional competition.
Check your real time pgdba-fashion-management skills through our advanced technology based platform.