Advanced BBA Program Specialization
This program is designed for students, dairy farmers, agribusiness people and others who have a sincere interest in dairy farm management. Objectives are to gain further understanding of the integration and application of dairy farm management principles and programs with respect to progressive dairying and related industries.
I. THE DAIRY INDUSTRY.
1. History of Dairying.
2. Breeds of Dairy Cattle.
3. Dairy Industry Overview.
4. Dairy Product Processing.
5. Milk Marketing and Pricing.
6. Employee Management.
II. CONCEPTS IN GENETIC IMPROVEMENT.
7. Dairy Records and Programs.
8. Fundamentals of Dairy Genetics.
9. Selecting Herd Sires.
10. Herd Strategies for Genetic Improvement.
III. CONCEPTS IN DAIRY NUTRITION.
11. The Ruminant Digestive System.
12. Fundamentals of Dairy Nutrition.
13. Protein and Energy Requirements.
14. Requirements for Minerals, Vitamins, and Water.
15. Ration Formulation Strategies and Feeding Systems.
IV. CONCEPTS IN DAIRY FEEDS.
16. Fundamentals of Hay Quality.
17. Haymaking Systems and Marketing Hay.
18. Grazing Systems and Pasture Management.
19. Ensiled Feeds.
20. Silage Quality.
21. Silage Storage Systems.
22. Feed Sources for Concentrates.
23. Industry By-Products and Feed Additives.
V. CONCEPTS IN REPRODUCTIVE PHYSIOLOGY.
24. Fundamentals of Female Reproduction.
25. Reproductive Physiology and Management of the Bull.
26. Heat Detection and Estrus Synchronization.
27. Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
28. Pregnancy and Parturition.
VI. CONCEPTS IN LACTATION PHYSIOLOGY.
29. Anatomy and Physiology of the Mammary Gland.
30. Lacto genesis.
31. Milk Letdown Reflex.
32. Milking Procedures and Process.
33. Milk Quality.
VII. CONCEPTS IN DAIRY HEALTH AND DISEASE.
34. Fundamentals of Biosecurity.
35. Major Infectious Diseases.
36. Infections of the Mammary Gland.
37. Health and Care of the Hoof.
38. External Parasites.
VIII. CONCEPTS IN DAIRY COW COMFORT.
39. Fundamentals of Dairy Cattle Welfare and Behavior.
40. Housing Issues for Dairy Cattle.
41. Assessing Cow Comfort.
42. Manure Management Practices.
IX. INTEGRATING DISCIPLINES: DAIRY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
43. Managing Pre-Weaned Calves.
44. Managing Replacement Heifers.
45. Managing Dry and Transition Cows.
46. Managing Metabolic Disorders.
Check your BBA Program skills at NIMS?
How much do you know about bba-dairy-management skills?
Take our bba-dairy-management course demo and enhance your skills against your professional competition.
Check your real time bba-dairy-management skills through our advanced technology based platform.